OROFACIAL MYOFUNCTIONAL DISORDERS A~Z
Enhance your professional skills with additional expertise and broaden your marketability
Theory • Evaluation • Therapy
Certification Track Course (28 hours)
This is a 4 day COM certification track course designed for speech and dental professionals. This professional course highlights OFM history, research, dental, speech, and orofacial myofunctional interdisciplinary perspective. Make the connection; disorder breathing, airway issues, dysfunctional postures, craniofacial development, speech distortions, malocclusions, chronic habits, tongue tie, OSA, and more.
This course is a mandatory requirement for those wishing to be eligible for membership and certification through the IAOM.
Evaluate and treat patients with orofacial myofunctional disorders
Understand the science and research for orofacial myofunctional therapy
Evaluate and diagnose orofacial myofunctional disorders
Provide clinical and practical application of a therapeutic program
Discuss the multidisciplinary connection between dental, speech, and orofacial myofunctional therapy
Implement a plan for referral and patient education
Upcoming Virtual Courses
Speech & Language Pathologists
Registered Dental Hygienists
Allied Health Professionals
Bring a buddy and get a $500 discount, $250 each
Call 586-726-7777 to register. Payment is due upon registration.
AGD, 28 IAOM and 2.8 ASHA CEU Credits Available
- What is the cancellation policy? No refunds are available for cancellations 30 days or less from the course date.
- Is the online course recorded for later viewing? The course is not recorded. All participants must be present for the live online course during the specified hours. No exceptions.
- What are the course hours? Thursday - Sunday 8am - 4:15pm EST. There are two 15 min breaks, one in the AM and one in the PM. Lunch is from 12pm - 1pm EST.
- How will I receive my course materials? The week prior to course the course documents will be emailed and a binder will be mailed with therapy materials and printed document. You will receive an email when the package has been shipped. International DHL; US: Fedex or UPS
- When is the deadline for registering? Virtual courses must be registered for 7 days prior to the start. Late registration is possible but the charge of overnight shipping is additional.
- How do I register? Call the office to do the preliminary registration (contact info, payment, etc). You will then receive emailed paperwork to finalize registration. Speech therapists have to include a current copy of their license and ASHA card. Hygienists and Dentists have to include a copy of their state license. These documents must be received as a PDF.
- What is the course fee and when is payment due? The fee is $2300 and payment is due in full 30 days prior to the course.
- Do you offer any discounts? We offer a "bring a buddy" discount. If you and a friend/colleague register together each will receive a discount of $250.
- Will I be certified after I take the course? The 28 hour course is the first step towards certification. To see the full process click here: https://www.iaom.com/com/.
- Will I be able to call myself a certified Orofacial Myofunctional Therapist after the course? No, you must complete the certification process to be called a Certified Orofacial Myofunctional Therapist. To see the full process click here: https://www.iaom.com/com/.
Keisha Nolan, M.A., CCC-SLP, COM®
Keisha is the Owner of Nolan Speech & Language Center. She is an experienced speech-language pathologist who specials in orofacial myofunctional disorders. Keisha is one of a select few of orofacial myologists in the State of Michigan. In addition, to patient care, she uses her expertise to teach orthodontic residents at the University of Detroit School of Dentistry and educates dentists, orthodontists, ENTs, and pediatricians through guest lectures. She also has training in cranio-sacral therapy. Keisha is a compassionate, dedicated, energetic and knowledgeable therapist with a strong desire to help improve the lives of others.
- Financial Disclosure: Receives monetary fees for speaking and mentorship programs
- Nonfinancial Disclosures: None