OROFACIAL MYOFUNCTIONAL DISORDERS A~Z
Enhance your professional skills with additional expertise and broaden your marketability
Theory • Evaluation • Therapy
Certification Track Course (31 hours)
This is a blended 3 day COM certification track course, consisting of 11 hours of pre-recorded lectures and 20 live Zoom, designed for speech and dental professionals. This professional course highlights OFM history, research, dental, speech, and orofacial myofunctional interdisciplinary perspective. Make the connection; disorder breathing, airway issues, dysfunctional postures, craniofacial development, speech distortions, malocclusions, chronic habits, tongue tie, OSA, and more.
This course is a mandatory requirement for those wishing to be eligible for membership and certification through the IAOM.
2023 Virtual Courses
To register visit masteringmyo.com
November 30 - December 2
Speech & Language Pathologists
Registered Dental Hygienists
Allied Health Professionals
- What is the cancellation policy? The full cancellation policy can be viewed here.
- Is the online course recorded for later viewing? Yes, you will have access to all pre-recorded and the live Zoom session recordings.
- What are the course hours? Thursday-Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm EST, and Saturday 8:30am - 4:00pm EST. There are two 15 min breaks, one in the AM and one in the PM and a one hour lunch.
- How will I receive my course materials? A binder will be mailed with therapy materials and printed documents days after you register for the course. You will receive an email when the package has been shipped. International DHL; US: Fedex or UPS. Materials will also be uploaded into Kajabi so you can download them to your computer.
- When is the deadline for registering? The deadline to register is 14 days before the course begins IF space remains.
- How do I register? Go to masteringmyo.com. Speech therapists have to include a current copy of their license and ASHA card. Hygienists and Dentists have to include a copy of their state license. These documents must be received as a PDF.
- How many colleagues will I have in the course?
The maximum number of participants is 15-20.
- What is the course fee and when is payment due? The fee is $2700 and payment is due at registration.
- Will I be certified after I take the course? The 31 hour course is the first step towards certification. To see the full process click here: https://www.iaom.com/com/.
- Will I be able to call myself a certified Orofacial Myofunctional Therapist after the course? No, you must complete the certification process to be called a Certified Orofacial Myofunctional Therapist. To see the full process click here: https://www.iaom.com/com/.
Keisha Nolan, M.A., CCC-SLP, COM®
Keisha is the Owner of Nolan Speech & Language Center. She is an experienced speech-language pathologist who specials in orofacial myofunctional disorders. Keisha is one of a select few of orofacial myologists in the State of Michigan. In addition, to patient care, she uses her expertise to teach orthodontic residents at the University of Detroit School of Dentistry and educates dentists, orthodontists, ENTs, and pediatricians through guest lectures. She also has training in cranio-sacral therapy. Keisha is a compassionate, dedicated, energetic and knowledgeable therapist with a strong desire to help improve the lives of others.
Angie Lehman, RDH, COM®
Angie Lehman is an IAOM Certified Orofacial Myologist (COM®) who has been exclusively practicing Orofacial Myology since 2012 in York, Pennsylvania. She runs one of America's most successful and well-known private practices, Oral Myofunctional Therapy of York. Angie is a highly sought-after educator for medical, dental, and allied health professionals and she is passionate to encourage all health disciplines to work collaboratively and to better understand oral function and craniofacial development and to incorporate therapy into their specific areas of care.